KHIMA Annual Meeting Call for Speakers
Call for Speakers!
KHIMA Annual Meeting
The Kentucky Health Information Management Association is actively seeking informative and innovative speakers to present on a variety of healthcare-related topics for the 2022 Annual Meeting. The 2022 meeting will be hosted in person in Lexington, Kentucky. If you’re interested in proposing a topic to speak on, please visit KHIMA’s speaker bureau portal and submit your proposed topic no later than February 25th.
When completing the speaker bureau submission form please be sure to select the Kentucky Health Information Management Association as the association you would like to request to speak for.
KHIMA is particularly interested in highlighting subjects/topics in the following areas, but we’re always open to any new topics you’re interested in proposing.
- Electronic health records (EHRs)
- HIIM software applications (encoders, patient information management systems, and chart management, CDI systems, and electronic queries.)
- Personal health record (PHR)
- Health information exchange (HIE)
- Speech recognition
- Management Development:
- Project management
- Training and development
- Work design
- Employee hiring and retention
- Effective communication
- Clinical Data Management:
- Prospective payment systems (for example, DRG and APC)
- Performance Improvement:
- Outcomes data management
- Revenue cycle management
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Remote coding or computer-assisted coding
- External Forces:
- OIG work plan
- Legal or regulatory update
- EHR certification and incentive programs
- Clinical Foundations:
- Clinical intervention
- Diagnostic and laboratory testing
- Privacy & Security:
- Release of information
- Personal health information
- Security risk assessment
- Security audit
- Privacy risk assessment
Thank you for considering the opportunity to speak at the KHIMA Annual Meeting! Please contact KHIMA if you have any questions.