KHIMA Annual Meeting Call for Speakers 2023
The Kentucky Health Information Management Association is actively seeking informative and innovative speakers to present on a variety of healthcare-related topics for the 2023 Annual Meeting and Webinar Series. The 2023 meeting will be hosted in person in Louisville, Kentucky at TBD on June 5th and 6th. If you’re interested in proposing a topic to speak on, please visit KHIMA’s speaker bureau portal and submit your proposed topic!
When completing the speaker bureau submission form please be sure to select the Kentucky Health Information Management Association as the association you would like to request to speak for.
KHIMA is particularly interested in highlighting subjects/topics in the following areas, but we’re always open to any new topics you’re interested in proposing.
- Electronic health records (EHRs)
- HIIM software applications (encoders, patient information management systems, and chart management, CDI systems, and electronic queries.)
- Personal health record (PHR)
- Health information exchange (HIE)
- Speech recognition
- Project management
- Training and development
- Work design
- Employee hiring and retention
- Effective communication
Clinical Data Management
- Prospective payment systems (for example, DRG and APC)
- Outcomes data management
- Revenue cycle management
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Remote coding or computer-assisted coding
- OIG work plan
- Legal or regulatory update
- EHR certification and incentive programs
- Clinical intervention
- Diagnostic and laboratory testing
Privacy & Security
- Release of information
- Personal health information
- Security risk assessment
- Security audit
- Privacy risk assessment
Thank you for considering the opportunity to speak at the KHIMA Annual Meeting! Please contact KHIMA if you have any questions.